RAS Capital, a trading style of RAS Capital CR Limited (“RAS Capital CR”), RAS Capital No1 Ltd (“No1”), RAS Capital No2 Ltd (“No2”), RAS Capital No3 Ltd (“No3”) and RAS Capital No4 Ltd (“No4”), will collect personal information about you such as your name and address (“Personal Data”). RAS Capital CR Limited will be the Data Controller as defined under UK Data Protection legislation and regulations.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To register you as a new customer the type of data we will collect from you might include:
- Your identity including your name; and
- Your contact details including your address and telephone number as well as your email address.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis for doing so. This includes:
- Where you have provided positive consent to the RAS Group;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and the RAS Group or to take steps to enter into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- The RAS Group has a legitimate interest upon which the data may be processed. Any decision to process data on the basis of legitimate interest will be made on a case by case basis and in line with the guidance set out in UK Data Protection legislation.
We may disclose your Personal Data to other companies within the RAS Group of companies and third parties, which provide services in connection with the administration of your account.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us,
We may also share your Personal Information for legitimate business reasons or as may be required by applicable law and regulations.
We will disclose your Personal Information to any governmental, legal or regulatory body if required to do so by applicable law and regulation.
We may need to transfer your Personal Data to another country, in which case we will ensure that your Personal Data is afforded the same level of protection as is required under UK Data Protection legislation and regulations prior to sending your Personal Data.
We will otherwise keep your personal information confidential and never use it for any other purpose or pass your details to any third parties without your consent.
We will retain your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary to provide the services under the RASD Group and to meet any legal or regulatory obligations that may apply.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have a number of rights under the Data Protection laws, including:
- Request Access – the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. When you request this information, this is known as making a Subject Access Request (SAR). In most cases, this will be free of charge, however in some limited circumstances, for example, repeated requests for further copies, we may apply an administration fee;
- Request Transfer – the right to have personal information we hold about you transferred securely to another service provider in electronic form;
- Request Correction – the right to have any inaccurate personal information corrected;
- Request Erasure – the right to have any out of date personal information deleted once there’s no business need or legal requirement for us to hold it;
- Request Restriction of Processing – the right to object or restrict some processing, in limited circumstances and only when we don’t have legitimate grounds for processing your personal information;
- Object to Processing – the right to object to your personal information being used to send you marketing material. We will only send you marketing material where you’ve given us your consent to do so. You can remove your consent at any time.
If you have any questions regarding how the RAS Group uses the data it collects please contact:
The Group Data Protection Officer, the RAS Group, 11 St Christopher’s Place, London, W1U 1NG.
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of how we have managed your data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. For further details of your rights under the UK’s data protection legislation and regulation please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We may monitor the use and content of emails, which are sent from or received by us. This is to ensure compliance with our own email policy. We reserve the right to identify and take action against unlawful or improper use of email, including attacks on our systems.
If you make an enquiry via the online enquiry facility, the information we collect, such as your name and email address, will be used to answer your enquiry. We may cross reference the information you provide with information held on our systems, to ascertain the most appropriate department to handle your enquiry we may also hold this data for future analysis or reference purposes.
PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATE
This Policy was updated 1 September 2019.